Saturday, September 8, 2007

Welcome Jayde!


Michael and I braved a trip to the animal shelter today in search of a new friend for Pepper (and for us). The shelter was loaded with kitties all reaching out from their cages. "Princess", as her name was from the little girl who previously owned her, captured our hearts. We were wanting a kitten, and there were many, but she had been at the shelter for three months and has a great dispostion. So, we chose her. She is one year old, very friendly, and has beautiful (almost scary) golden eyes. She is still a little scared,but Pepper doesn't seem to mind her and I am sure they will be friends soon.

I wanted to name her a spice, as is becoming tradition with our cats. I thank those who voted on a name (Basil won), but as I get to know her today, Jayde is the name that seems to fit the best. Afterall, it is still a plant!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray!! I am excited for you guys--and Pepper too! We'll have to come down and meet your newest addition!

    PS
    I voted for Basil, but I like Jayde MUCH better. :)

    ReplyDelete