Monday, October 8, 2007

A Morning Hike


This morning Tukir and I went for a hike with my friend Tonya and her new puppy. It wasn't really a hike, it was more like rock climbing. I had to push Tukir up a few passes and help lift him down the same passes on the way back. Tukir and I thought we would try a few accupuncture attempts with cactus needles. Tukir can be rather bipolar at times. He would play with the puppy and then snap at her. Tonya gave him treats and water, then he lunged at her. Oh my, what a morning. It was great to get out and hike, which I haven't done in a LONG time. I just need to remember I need to get in better shape and Tukir is not as young as he once was.

Thanks to Tonya, I will be hiking more and trying to get in better shape. It always helps to have a little friend support system. So even though I almost killed my dog today on a morning "hike", I enjoyed it and I think he did too (although I am sure both of us will be sore in the morning!)

1 comment: