Friday, October 9, 2009

First Solo Steps!

I have been wanting to post about this since last week, I haven't been this excited in a while. I was trying to get a good photo to go with it, no such luck...so I won't hold off any longer.

Last week, October 2 to be exact, I came home and Nanny Judy passed off Danae as usual, helping her walk to me. Nanny Judy let go a little bit before she reached me and Danae kept coming! She took her first solo steps and I was home to witness it (just wish Michael could have been too). Its a week later and she will take about ten to twelve steps, almost always someone has to be in front of her coaching her...but the little stinker "took off" on us the other day in the leather store. We stood her on the floor while we looked at some things and next thing we know, she is walking away from us and laughing all the way! Michael caught her as she was falling.

I love watching how excited she gets when she walks on her own!

I know, I know....now the fun starts. Bring it on!

4 comments:

  1. So exciting for you guys. Good luck with keeping up with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Danae! I was so excited to get your text. She is getting so big. And yes, now the fun starts. And it really is fun, just another kind of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoohoo. Carly decided to start walking while I was out of town at my friends wedding so Craig wasn't there either. Walking is always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is too cute! I was great to see you guys and to watch her happily walking to people!!

    ReplyDelete