Thursday, November 5, 2009

Our Little Accomplishments

We didn't take Danae out for Halloween, I had worked that day and had to be in dark and early for work on Sunday morning. Tonya and I dressed Danae and Ronin in some costumes some one gaver her on one of our days off before Halloween. The idea was to get a good photo op, but we took what we got. The pony outfit was very hot and Danae wasn't too hip on having the "head" hood on, by the time we put her and Ronin together for a picture, she was over it and wanted out and NOW.


Danae is walking like a pro, she even tries running...not always with a lot of success. She was very cranky on her first birthday...I told her she has many more to come so she just better start accepting them :)



Michael got the wood burning stove all finished and boy does it make a difference, not NEARLY as drafty and heats the home quite nicely...another fan or two to help move air and we'll be set. The fireplace above (last year) was built into the wall. Michael and Nando knocked out the wall in July and Michael has been tinking with it since. It was all set and fired up by mid October, just in time for the five days of cold before it warmed up again...
Didn't he do a GREAT job!


As for me, I held my first public self defense class and thanks to a front page article in Sedona's paper the week before the class, I had a good turn out and it went well. I'll keep working on making this little business venture grow...so far, it is showing promise.



6 comments:

  1. I am excited that your class was a big hit. Wishing you more success in the future with the business. Danae is so cute in her costume. Also the fireplace looks great. I think Michael did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fire place and stove look awesome. And Danae makes a cute little pony. Good luck with your class I hope it stay big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that a Christmas tree already? What a cute little pony?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I thought Danae was a brown and white cow, not a pony.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think whoever made the costume was confused, the pattern looks like a cow, but it has the face of horse and a mane...who knows...I decided she was a pony.
    (The fireplace picture with the Christmas tree is from last year...I at least wait until after Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the self defense classes! I'm so proud of you! You are making such a positive difference for women! :)

    ReplyDelete