Monday, February 8, 2010

Takin' in some Basketball

Danae loves to play with her cousins and I think they enjoy making her laugh and playing with her too! Danae and I hitched a ride with Jason and Heather (Michael had to work) to go to Phoenix to watch Lizard play basketball. Danae did quite well and for a little while sat right next to Micah and Weston, who helped me keep her off the court.

She loves her Uncle Jason too. When the game was over, she was amazed by him dribbling the basketball and had to go play.

She is my daughter... :)


Micah, Weston and Rylee helped Danae pick "flowers" once they realized how interested she was in them. They were really weeds...but its all in the eye of the beholder right...and really, if it has colorful petals shouldn't it be a flower?

(I 'borrowed' this photo from Heather...I need a better camera)
Lizard is new to the sport of basketball and I am so proud of her for going for it and playing! She made two baskets, both were great and one was absolutely beautiful! She did a fast break and went for it, she made the basket on a lay-up and in it went! Her excitement is something I will never forget. It made me so happy to see her so excited, it brought a little tear to my eye and yes Jodi...I saw your tears too! Keep it up Lizard...we love you!

3 comments:

  1. Goo Job Elizabeth. Sounds like you all had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to see all of you and to see Elizabeth make some shots. Her team mate Sami was glad to see Elizabeth make the fast break basket, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how big Danae is getting! and all those teeth! Let Elizabeth know that we're really proud of her too! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete