Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Some Pictures

Things have been busy, but mostly I have been living in a 'fog' while working night shifts, I don't really feel like I am completely 'with it'. Only 4 more weeks of nights then I get to work 16 weeks of days...I don't even care that it is in the heat of the summer, I am really looking forward to it!

Two of the highest paid and long term employees in the PD were laid off last week due to the budget. It certainly sent morale down a few more notches.

Michael is dealing with drama at his job, but grateful to have one.

Danae loves to read...the pictures...and be read to. She is now starting to go to the bookshelf and grab a book or five to be read at bedtime.

She LOVES her cowgirl boots.

Thanks to Papa, she has developed a fettish for balloons. She will carry it everywhere and it takes a while for her to get tired of it. Papa and Grammie visited for a few days during the middle of March. (I really need to get better at taking pictures)


I made Danae an Easter Basket. It was a creative brainstorm that turned out pretty good. I spent about 30 plus hours on it and had numb fingers for a week or so...but hey...it should last a long time! (I hope)



Danae has discovered how easy our shoes are to put on. She usually grabs my boots, tennis shoes or Michael's flip flops. She decided to coordinate on this day and put my slippers on.



I bought her this horse hooded towel from Etsy for Easter. It is a really nice towel and so darn cute! Now she has two really nice hooded towels...gives me a little more time to do laundry :)
Danae and I walk to mailbox most days to get the mail. It is so funny watching her stop along the way and pick up as may rocks as she can hold. Fortunately we aren't lacking in rocks.
I know there is more that has gone on since I last posted, but I can't think of it right now and wanted to get something put on my blog. Hope everyone is doing well!




4 comments:

  1. the basket is way cute. And I love her cowgirl boots! I can't believe how big she is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute basket, how did you make it? And NO, It doesn't! It makes me thankful that I only have 2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do they lay off the two longest term employees in the PD? In my neck of the woods, the most senior employees are rarely cut; it's pretty the new ones that are cut. Anyways, glad you're still working. Morale is down here too since we know tough budget times are far from over. It's lovely, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did anyone ever tell her she is cute?

    ReplyDelete