Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Preschool!


Danae has been showing readiness to play with other children and learn, so I put her in preschool instead of my in-home babysitter/nanny. Danae loves it. She shows up to school and hugs the other kids that are there as early as she is and just smiles. She's been doing art every day and learning her letters. They sang happy birthday at school and now she tells her 'chewy' (pacifier) happy birthday. She is almost weaned from chewy except she recently had a relapse. With all the exposure to other kids and then of course germs, she has been coughing and conjested and has had her first fever. So when she is sick, she wants chewy.


Yesterday another child was crying and she went over to him and patted him on the back and asked him "are you ok?" I think she'll be a social butterfly.
I wanted photos of her on her first day of preschool, that morning wasn't very smooth. Danae had been used to sleeping in and she had to get up at 6 am. She wanted nothing to do with the camera. When we arrived at school, the picture I got was the "are you kidding" pouting look. She was equipped with her ladybug backpack, new jacket and Tinkerbell lunch box.
Her teacher is a personal friend, which I am happy for that. I think Danae really loves her preschool!

2 comments:

  1. I love the social tolerance of children. That is great that she checked to see if the other kid was ok. Hopefully that stays with her. I am stoked that she likes her school, that is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being in preschool can also help with potty training. When others start doing it, she'll probably want to do the same. Peer pressure sure does start early. ;)

    ReplyDelete