Saturday, January 8, 2011

Chocolate Cherrios

Before I start my little story, I want to preface it with the fact I know they make chocolate cherrios now, but I have not bought them, I have not pointed them out to Danae, and as far as I know she still can't read and hasn't noticed them for herself.... with that said, this is the conversation I had with my little sweet-toothed 2 year-old:

Danae had recently woken up and its time for her to eat her breakfast. She comes to me and asks for chocolate.

I say: "its too early for chocolate, you need to eat some cerial"

Her eyes go deep in thought and a smile crosses her face as she says: "Chocoalte Cherrios!"

Striking a compromise already! So I poured her a bowl of Cherrios and drizzled a touch of chocolate syrup on top....happy girl. ...and no, I'm still not going to buy the chocolate ones from the store :)

3 comments:

  1. What a clever little one she is! I am so sorry about the diaper bag! I totally forgot about it! I don't really have a pattern for it, so I will try and explain it to you. I just saw one like it and made up mine. It was pretty much 25- 6x6 squares that I sewed together (with 1/2 inch seams). 6 for the front and back, 2 for each side, 3 for the bottom, and 6 for the top flap. I also cut batting and sewed it on to each square before I sewed them together (it might be better to put a piece of lining material on the back of the batting, but I hadn't and the backing kinda gets stuck in the machine, I know, I wasn't very smart!) So, when it was all sewed together it was 10x15x5 (make sense?). Then for the inside, I cut 3-11x16, 2-6x11 & 1-6x16. I also cut some pieces for the pockets inside. They were 9 inches deep, and on one long side and the ends I put a smaller pocket in front of the big pocket that was 5 inches deep. Before you sew any of the inside together, you want to sew the pockets to the sides (I used a little elastic in the top of the pocket on the second bag I made and it worked better). The pockets are just one long piece of fabric that I sewed the dividers into. So after you sew the pockets on to the inside pieces, sew them together like you did the bag. Then I made the strap about 4 inches by however long feels comfy to you (I think my strap was about 2 feet) I also lined the strap with batting. I sewed the strap into place first by folding down the edges on the end and sandwiching it between the outside and the middle. Then I made a binding piece (like 3-fold bias tape) and sewed it around the front edge and the flap to attach the two! I also sewed inside the bag around the bottom and up the corners so that the lining stayed in place (that was a little tricky! Does that make sense at all? If not, let me know! Sorry it took so long to tell you how to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a smart girl she really wanted her chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure no one told her about chocolate cheerios? ;) We have to have the chocolate, though!

    ReplyDelete