Friday, January 4, 2008

Christmas in Kansas


Michael and I went to Kansas for Christmas. It snowed on Christmas day!! It was great to see and spend time with everyone. We all played lots of games and stayed in the warm house most of the time. Although, I am not sure Marilyn, Michael's mom, will let me cook in her kitchen anymore. I love to cook, but if you know me well enough, I certainly make my fair share of messes in the Kitchen. Her kitchen is carpet and has a smooth top stove, which is difficult to clean, not a "Rena friendly" kitchen.

We did venture out and go sledding. I know I crack jokes about how flat Kansas is....that said, when it comes to sledding....one needs a little assistance since there isn't exactly down hill snow play areas. So, Bill, Carrie, Koebe, Easton, Michael, and I went to Grandpa Gus' farm, tied a sled to the truck, and off we went. I did this growing up on the roads at the "ranch", on sleds and the hood of a car. That was lots of fun, my mom loves to tell a story about when I got upset over the whole thing. Anyhow, it was fun to do that again. The snow was about 6 inches deep.


No comments:

Post a Comment