Friday, October 3, 2008

Five Wonderful Years!

October 4, 2003 is the date we were married. The weather was beautiful and the location was perfect...and Michael looked incredibly handsome!

Michael had just finished his welding & diesel mechanic certification at WyoTech in Wyoming and was working at Village Car Care in the Village of Oak Creek when we got married.

I had just graduated the academy and completed my field training. The day after we got married, I left Michael for a week for mounted patrol school. A tough decision that has worked out well for my career, but I still regret not enjoying a honeymoon (although we spent all our money on the wedding, I'm not sure what we would have done for a honeymoon). We have tried to make up for it by doing something extra special for our anniversaries. This year, we will be keeping it simple, but it will still be special. We will go out to breakfast, spend the day together and enjoy some fruit and chocolate fondue as a special treat. I would love to go for a horseback ride...but I still have a few months before I can do that.

We met at the Rockin' Rodeo in Phoenix on Sept 1, 2001. Michael was in the Marine Corps and stationed in Yuma. I was the Animal Control Officer where I am still currently employed as a police officer now. If you notice the date...yep...9-11 happened only 10 days after we met and Michael was put on "lock down" on base. He never did go to Iraq since he was in his motorcycle accident about the time his unit was to be deployed. (I'm glad he served our country, but I am gald he didn't have to go)

Michael is my best friend and I couldn't ask for a better husband as we enter the next chapter of our lives together with the birth of Danae! Here's to many more wonderful years!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to one of the cutest couples EVER!! :) You are so perfect for each other and we're glad you found each other. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!!! As the Shrek's venture into a new chapter of their lives, may there be an endless supply of diapers and plastic to cover the walls and anywhere else burping or farting will take place! "Better out than in!!!" I am sure Danae will be no exception!

    ReplyDelete