Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter


Danae was beautiful in her Easter dress, well, she's beautiful all the time! Michael's boss Nita bought this dress for her a couple months ago and told him it was for Easter, and it made such an adorable Easter dress for church!

We all went to Williams and went to church with my parents. We had lunch there and Jason, Heather, Micah, Weston and Rylee joined us. It was good just to relax and enjoy visiting.


The older I get, and now having a child, I have always wondered how things like Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny made their way into Christmas and Easter. I have always known the true meaning of these holidays, but I know I got caught up in the 'side tracks' of these special days. My Sister-in-Law Heather always has such good ideas for making the reason for the day shine through while still letting the kids enjoy the fun with these whimsical characters. I admire that so much and want to follow her lead on a lot of those ideas (hope you don't mind!)

Danae has mastered the 'raspberry' and now incorporates various babbling and humming with the raspberry for a musical treat. She also can sit 'up' (more like lean forward in froggie fashion) for short periods of time by herself. Yesterday, Nanny Judy told us she rolled from her back to her tummy...I'm still waiting for her to show Mommy and Daddy that one.





3 comments:

  1. She looks adorable! I love her chubby cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Itis still so wierd to hear you say "I have a child" I don't know why, it just hit me funny! :) She is definately a cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute dress. I still think she is absolutly adorable. I agree with Anna it is kinda weird to see you with a kid. But it is probally more weird for you to see me with two kids.

    ReplyDelete