Sunday, September 12, 2010

We plan to name him...

Corbin Rafe Dearden. Michael had picked out Rafe from a Louis L'Amour book "Crossfire Trail" quite sometime ago. I never liked it and told him absolutely not! I've wanted Wyatt for a long time and Michael said no way! So when I found out my little bundle is a boy I actually hit the internet for "cowboy names". Corbin was one in a list of mostly common names. I wrote it down but wasn't too hip to it just yet. For days Michael and I through name combinations around and one day I put together Rafe Corbin, and it had a ring to it I liked; however, sounded better as Corbin Rafe. I wanted to spell it Raef and Michael was wanting Rafe.

I bugged him for a few days planting, ok kinda forcing, the seed in his head for Corbin Rafe. He didn't like the spelling I wanted so we hit the Louis L'Amour book to see how he spelled it. Ok, so Rafe it is. Once I agreed to that spelling, Michael agreed to Corbin Rafe. So there you have it :)

4 comments:

  1. Well, I voted for Dylan Maverick. Corbin will be a good name, too. Hope all is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that name, way cute. Boys names are so hard to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That name will definately take some getting use to. But as long as you and Mike like it, at least he won't have to share his name with my cat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE IT!! It was my fave in the list!

    ReplyDelete