Monday, December 8, 2008

The Bummers of Getting Old


My 11 year-old dog, Miller, has been limping and has a swollen joint. I was crossing my fingers it was arthritis...but unfortunately it is much worse. My old boy has cancer in his leg and in his chest. I am just going to manage his pain, spoil him a bit (he LOVES sleeping on the bed). Michael doesn't care for the dogs to be in the house (other than their dogroom/laundryroom), but he has a soft spot too and brought Miller in one evening and gave him a dish with some peanut butter...Miller loves the peanut butter. Nala, Miller's shadow for the last four years, was crying for him and Miller was so happy being in the house with us he just ignored her...poor Nala. (If she wasn't such a hyper tank and Tukir didn't pee on things or have a bi-polar issue {not knowing how he would be with Danae}, they could all come in). Anyhow, I am bummed, but just have to roll with it and do what I can for him.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry to hear about Miller, that sucks. If there's anything we can do, just let us know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have given him a lot of good years. His last moments on this earth will be just as loving! In his life and passing you will find the joy of sharing his life and the opportunity to love him; in his passing you will find the peace of helping him to die with dignity and with all the love you have in your heart for him. He knows! He loves you!! We love you too! Tell Miller we love him too! I have a great big bone for him!!!

    ReplyDelete