Tuesday, April 29, 2008

One Trimester Down, Two to Go!

The first trimester wasn't so bad, I know it could have been worse. Mostly I was EXTREMELY exhausted. Fortunately, I have an awesome husband who helped pick up my share of chores. I have been mildly to moderately nauseous the majority of the time...but no vomiting...yet! Michael is so understanding, he has made me breakfast or dinner a couple of times that I simply could not eat...the thought wanted to make me hurl. Not that Michael doesn't make great food...apparently baby just didn't think it smelled or looked good.

The last several days Michael has been saying he has been feeling nauseous...all I could say is "welcome to my world". I was reading an article in a pregnancy magazine today that actually said it is not uncommon for husbands who are engrossed in their partner's pregnancy to experience similar symptoms, such as nausea. Interesting!

With my short frame, my tummy is already pushing out there...and no, I haven't been eating for two... and yes, there is only one in there.

At seven weeks we got to see the heartbeat. I guess Michael and I don't get overly excited about things, we both thought it was awesome, but just said "neat". It looked like a little amoeba, with a heart like in the Grinch, almost beating out of its skin. Michael has been to every appointment with me so far...he is so supportive and loving!

Here is to a healthy second trimester!

1 comment:

  1. you traded in a peanut for an ameaba with a grinch heart, interesting... No, I will just leave it alone! :) That is pretty exciting! What a good hubby Mike is. Really, I mean it. :)

    ReplyDelete