Sunday, July 13, 2008

What will her name be?



Michael and I have decided to name our little girl Surilla Danae. Surilla is my late grandmother's name and Michael came up with the name Danaea, but we decided to just do Danae. We will be calling her by her middle name. Anna and I went to the ceramic shop in Cottonwood so I could paint a piggy bank for Danae, I had seen a ladybug one last time I was there and wanted to paint it. Of course the ladybug one was gone...so I picked the cute little hippo. We had fun painting, Anna picked a pig spoon plate. She thinks she didn't paint it so well, but I think it turned out cute. (the hippo will look a little different after it has been glazed and fired)



7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Hippo! I need to make it to a pottery painting place to finish a platter I started a long time ago. Anna's looks cute, too. Maybe we should all go together sometime?

    Cute name, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should absolutely go paint some pottery all together sometime. This is the second decent size object I have done. I want to do a platter some time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Happy Hippo! I can't wait to see the hippo and my pig when they are all done!! That was fun. Thanks for the idea and the fun day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bummer that the ladybug wasn't there anymore :( BUT the hippo is adorable!! Especially in light of Danae's "First" Stuffed animal. So Cute!! And Anna pig is adorable too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Job well done girls. They are bothe cute. Riley's first piggy bank was and still is a hippo. I love the name too. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I am excited for you to name her after Grandma! The hippo is too cute! Hope you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete