Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Leap of Faith

I turned in my resignation to my employer of 12 years! Things are falling into place and my prayers are being answered positively, allowing me to be able to make the decision to stay home with our children and be a work at home mommy, I really thought I would never be able to be a WAHM! It is a very scary thing to do, especially in this economy...but so important. I have faith we will be fine. I will miss my career which I have worked hard for but will never regret my decision. It will be hard to turn in my badge, but it will be bitter sweet. Besides, I get to throw Taser Parties, make stick horses and teach women how to defend themselves!

What I won't miss is the schedule, the politics, the jerks (well, ok, sometimes they are kind of fun to deal with believe it or not) but most importantly I won't miss his first steps, her dance lessons, finger painting, cuddling, building sand castles, opening gifts on Christmas morning...just simply being here with them.

4 comments:

  1. Rena this is amazing! I'm so proud of you and so excited for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So it's official, huh? Congratulations! I know it's been a long time coming. And no, you will NEVER regret this decision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Congrats! I hope that everything works out for you guys! I LOVE staying at home... well, most of the time!

    ReplyDelete