Thursday, February 5, 2009

week 13

Well, I've been back to work for a little over a week and still am not quite into the full swing of things. I miss Danae every day and just can't hug and kiss her enough when I get home. Yesterday she was in a great mood when I got home and she was all smiles for me and even did a half giggle...it melted my heart!

Danae met Danae last Saturday. Big Danae is a student and friend from the high school. She was so excited when she learned I was pregnant and you should have seen her reaction when she learned we were naming our baby Danae (and she was even more excited that her due date was the day before her birthday).
Danae is pictured here with her little buddy Jack, who is my friend Ahna's baby. Jack is six months old and the whole time I was taking thier pictures he was blowing raspberries. Its those little things I just love right now...I'm sure some people think I'm nuts. I always told myself I wouldn't be one of those people who always pulls out a picture of their baby to show people...I lied to myself. Many people ask me how my baby is doing and I whip out that cell phone and show them the picture I have on it or some I even send to my blog or even sit down with them for a moment and pull it up on the computer to show them. I have joined the world of mommies in love and proud of their babies...perhaps everyone else doesn't enjoy it as much as I do, but they entertain me by looking at the pictures, smiling, gasping and saying "how adorable!" :)

3 comments:

  1. I don't think you're nuts at all!!! Just a great mommy who adores her little girl. And it is so much fun, isn't it? I really miss my kids at that stage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's even more fun when you hear yourself comparing poopy diapers and how many times they burp or spit-up all over you! I love that part of a kids life and I am so excited to do it again! I also love the stage Rachel is in right now though... except for the little attitude she is showing off! Good luck with adjusting, maybe someday it will be easier for you, but I doubt it... she is such a cute one to have to leave.

    ReplyDelete